[OS X TeX] TeXmaker & Textures

Lantz Susan lantzs at tristate.edu
Tue Apr 29 21:50:16 CEST 2008

I have been using TeXShop on my Mac iBook, and I like it very much. But
on the EOS (Evil Operating System) Tobisha Tablet I have to use at the
University, I have TeXmaker. (I have MikTeX and other things, too, but I
prefer TeXmaker.)

I have installed TeXmaker and Textures on my iBook, but whenever I
attempt to use either program, TeXmaker and Textures both hit the
\documentclass command and tell me that the command has never been
defined. That makes me think that both programs are looking for
commands, styles, packages, etc. in places other than where the
commands, packages, etc. are.

Strangely enough (to my way of thinking), TeXLive2007 was not installed
in the usual place on the Toshiba, yet TeXmaker can find all the
commands, packages, etc. But on the iBook, where TeXLive was installed
in the usual place (as best I can tell), TeXmaker and Textures can't
find anything.

Can someone tell me where TeXmaker and Textures think the commands,
packages, etc. are? If I knew that, I think I could get TeXmaker to work
on the iBook. I don't know if the Textures fix would be as simple, but
I'd really like to see how this new version (beta or not) of Textures
compares to the old.

Susan Lantz

Susan A. Lantz, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Tri-State University
lantzs at tristate.edu