[OS X TeX] TeXmaker

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 09:40:26 CEST 2008

On  28 Apr, 2008, at 15:19, Juergen Fenn wrote:

> Axel E. Retif schrieb:
>> The new TeXmaker 1.7 (released today) just got better:
>> http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/
>
> Thanks for the hint. I tried it out today and I must say I like the
> editor better than TeXShop, so I used TeXmaker together with
> TeXShop as a viewer. ;-) Could become an alternative to Carbon
> Emacs, e.g., for writing simple letters.
>
> One question remains, though: Could someone please tell me how to
> input \item in list environments with a shortcut? The drop-down
> menu says "SHIFT-CMD-|", but this does not work, it produces a
> backslash on my German keyboard.

I've set my keyboard to German (and tried some characters to be sure
it was indeed German) and command-shift-i *does produce* an \item
(option-shift-7 produces a backslash).

> Online help only brings the shortcut for PC users.

Personal Computer, yes; Windows, no ---it's (KDE)Linux. But, in
general, just substitute command for control and option for alt ---
with German keyboard or English keyboard, e.g., option-shift-f
produces \frac{}{}.

Best,

Axel