[OS X TeX] LaTeX2html Basics?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Apr 28 22:55:10 CEST 2008

Am 28.04.2008 um 14:34 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> All this to say: could you suggest " an introduction to shell and
> Terminal and UNIX" that would be a real option for people, such as
> myself, totally innocent of this kind of things?

Ha! Do you expect *me* to read introductions?

Google can find a lot of material. There are also some usual
suspects: http://www.macosxhints.com/ or http://arstechnica.com/. How
about the following URLs?

Command Line Primer from Apple: http://developer.apple.com/
documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/OSX_Technology_Overview/CommandLine/
chapter_950_section_1.html

Links to docs: http://ls11-www.informatik.uni-dortmund.de/people/
hermes/refs.html

http://www.extropia.com/tutorials/unix/toc.html
http://homepage.mac.com/rgriff/files/TerminalBasics.pdf (an update,
or two, is necessary)
http://www.softpanorama.org/People/Shell_giants/introduction.shtml
(history of shell)
http://partmaps.org/era/unix/shell.html (HTMLised version of
S.R.Bourne's doc)

With Google you can find so many pages, that when you don't like what
you've selected for reading, you can change to the next finding. Me,
I'm not learning much by simply reading, doing it is important.

--
Greetings

   Pete

’Twas a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to
thank her for it.
				— W.C. Fields