[OS X TeX] Keeping MacTeX up to date.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Apr 28 21:14:37 CEST 2008

On Apr 28, 2008, at 1:53 PM, Holger Schulz wrote:

> I've installed MacTeX. AFAIR this uses gwtex as a TeX Distribution.
> Is that correct? How do I keep it up to date? Is there any update
> function or service. How does it work?
>
> Thanks.
>
> hs

Howdy,

Nope! MacTeX installs TeX Live. The gwTeX distribution is a very nice
sub-set of TeX Live. There will be a TeX Live 2008 coming out some
time this year and MacTeX will then install that distribution.

Also, with TeX Live 2008 there is some hope that there will be some
kind of updater available so you'll be able to update packages without
having to do it manually. I'd assume that it will first appear with a
CLI but I'm sure a GUI can be built around that application.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)