[OS X TeX] LaTeX2html Basics?

Adam M. Goldstein a.m.goldstein at mac.com
Mon Apr 28 18:38:33 CEST 2008

On Apr 28, 2008, at 9:59 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> On Apr 28, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Franck Pastor wrote:

>>> Speaking for myself, I would love to but haven't be able to find
>>> one that I could study. I mean, what I found when I tried a couple
>>> of years ago, seemed rather like, say, an Introduction to
>>> Algebraic Geometry that required being well-versed in Algebraic
>>> Topology. While that may well be an unfortunate necessity, it does
>>> make the enterprise rather forbidding.
>>>
>>> And the documentation for HeVea is quite of that sort.
>>>
>>> All this to say: could you suggest " an introduction to shell and
>>> Terminal and UNIX" that would be a real option for people, such as
>>> myself, totally innocent of this kind of things?
>>>
>>> Very hopeful regards
>>> --schremmer
>>>

>> For example : "Unix for Mac OS X Tiger", by Matisse Enzer,
>> collection "Visual QuickPro Guide", Peachpit Press. It's the one I
>> used to learn Unix (and I was a complete beginner too). Very clear
>> and efficient. Maybe there is now an update of this book for
>> Leopard (but I guess that it will not change the contents of the
>> book very much).

I like the Enzer book, too. It has step-by-step instructions about to
do many things.

"Learning Unix for Mac OS X Tiger" by Dave Taylor is good as well:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/ltigerunix/

This one has the very basics, including how to use the terminal
application.

-Adam

> I am always one system behind so I hope not. I will look it up and
> shall report by the end of the summer—which is not to say that I
> expect such a book to be light reading, just readable.

In fact, I think that both of the recommended books are rather light
reading, surprisingly.

> Grateful regards
> --schremmer

=================================