[OS X TeX] LaTeX2html Basics?

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Mon Apr 28 15:35:49 CEST 2008

Le 28-avr.-08 à 14:34, Alain Schremmer a écrit :

> On Apr 28, 2008, at 5:14 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>
>> Reading an introduction to shell and Terminal and UNIX is another
>> option.
>
> Speaking for myself, I would love to but haven't be able to find
> one that I could study. I mean, what I found when I tried a couple
> of years ago, seemed rather like, say, an Introduction to Algebraic
> Geometry that required being well-versed in Algebraic Topology.
> While that may well be an unfortunate necessity, it does make the
> enterprise rather forbidding.
>
> And the documentation for HeVea is quite of that sort.
>
> All this to say: could you suggest " an introduction to shell and
> Terminal and UNIX" that would be a real option for people, such as
> myself, totally innocent of this kind of things?
>
> Very hopeful regards
> --schremmer

For example : "Unix for Mac OS X Tiger", by Matisse Enzer, collection
"Visual QuickPro Guide", Peachpit Press. It's the one I used to learn
Unix (and I was a complete beginner too). Very clear and efficient.
Maybe there is now an update of this book for Leopard (but I guess
that it will not change the contents of the book very much).