[OS X TeX] LaTeX2html Basics?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Apr 28 11:14:59 CEST 2008

Am 28.04.2008 um 04:25 schrieb Richard J Benish:

>> Did you tell your browser (HTML viewer) to use the encoding
>> specified in the HTML file?
>
> The page opened in my browser (Safari 3.0.4) automatically when the
> conversion was finished. I did not make any changes to the browser.
> Is there a Preference setting I need to change before making the
> conversion or is it a change made in the browser when the page is
> already open? Or something else?

I don't know. I am not using Safari regularly (I prefer OmniWeb and
Camino). Both have options to change from menus the way an HTML
file's text context is interpreted by selecting some encoding. It
helped sometimes to change À to ä ...

> Unfortunately, this is the first occasion I've ever had to open a
> Terminal window. So I don't know what it means to "cd to the
> directory...etc."

The shell built-in command cd Changes to another Directory, the one
where the source files are. Using Emacs is another option.

Reading an introduction to shell and Terminal and UNIX is another
option.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Every instructor assumes that you have nothing else to do except
study for that instructor's course.
				– Fourth Law of Applied Terror