[OS X TeX] TeXmaker

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Apr 24 12:43:27 CEST 2008

The new TeXmaker 1.7 (released today) just got better:

http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/

There is a new Messages window that is a summary of the log file for
errors, warnings and bad boxes, very useful if you have a master file
and included files, because it lists the file with the error or
warning, the type of error, the line and the message.

If said file is open, clicking in the line number makes the cursor
jump to it.

With a good sized monitor, you can have in the same column the source
window, the find window (not find/change, just find), the messages
window and the log window.

The ``Quick Build'' option lets you define a series of commands; say,
latex, latex, bibtex, makeindex, latex, view pdf (this isn't new to
this version).

For me, TeXShop is indispensable because of the forward/inverse PDF
search, but for people who like a beautiful graphic interface, I
think TeXmaker is *the* application.

Best,

Axel