[OS X TeX] LaTeX2html Basics?

Richard J Benish rjbenish at teleport.com
Wed Apr 23 07:28:05 CEST 2008

I'd like to convert portions of some LaTex documents to html and I
gather that LaTeX2html is the tool to use. But from what I've found I
can't figure out exactly what I need, how to get it up and running
and how to use it. Is there any clear step-by-step documentation out
there?

(I'm using Mac OS 10.4.11 on a late model G4 and TexShop 2.14.)

As a more general question, seeing as how web environments are often
full of clunky ugly equations, are there any promising developments
underway whose purpose is to make the web more equation-friendly?
I've noticed that the program LaTex2html is nearly 10 years old.
Surely many people would be much happier if it were easy to put
pretty equations in web documents. Any comments?

Thanks much.

Richard Benish