[OS X TeX] texshop crashes when saving file to pdf

Martin Berggren martin.berggren at cs.umu.se
Tue Apr 22 18:30:18 CEST 2008

Same thing has happened to me and I spent some (too long) time finding
out that it seems to be some particular fonts only that leads to a
crash. For me, a file crashes when including the BlueSky font
SFSX1000: Computer Modern Sans Serif Bold Extended

A source generating the crashing pdf file is

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

%\usepackage{lmodern}
\renewcommand{\encodingdefault}{T1}

\begin{document}
  \sffamily\bfseries Crash
  \end{document}

No crash when uncommenting \usepackage{lmodern}, which chooses LMSans
10-Bold instead for SFSX1000.

I have had some problems with some monospaced font also, it might have
been cmtt.

People on this list have indicated problems with how Leopard handles
fonts.