[OS X TeX] Re: diffps and Leopard

Michael Sternberg sternberg at anl.gov
Wed Apr 16 17:53:18 CEST 2008

Steffen, all,

On Apr 16, 2008, at 3:34 , Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> last year in April I installed Michaels wonderful diffps script by
> help of Axel (was  "[OS X TeX] OT: Tool for Comparing PDF files ?").
>
> Now I did exactly the same procedure on a new Leopard system. The
> diff works, but the display of the pages found fails:
> Preview has a problem with the "...view.png" files (like "Text1.pdf-
> Text2.pdf-493-view.png").
>
> [After the first run there was in terminal also an error with color
> names that could not be found ... ??]
>
> Someone already has installed diffps on 10.5. and knows what to do?

The issue you encountered is a side effect of the different style of
the X11 installation under Leopard, specifically the location of the
color database rgb.txt.  I made some changes to circumvent that issue
entirely, and also made an adjustment to accommodate file and
directory names with spaces.  You can download the latest version from:

	http://homepage.mac.com/michael.g.sternberg/tex/index.html

NB: The name of the script as downloaded might be diffps.sh -- feel
free to remove the extension.

Regards, Michael