[OS X TeX] The Font Cache Problem

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sun Apr 13 21:32:12 CEST 2008

Folks,

I am reading experiences which contradict my explanation. But I'm not
entirely convinced. Problems with TeXShop on Tiger could well be due
to a famous bug which Apple fixed in Leopard; to correct it you have
to get Leopard and then get TeXShop 2.15 at www.uoregon.edu/~koch.
This may be separate from the main cache bug.

As for having the bug on a Leopard Intel machine but never using
Equation Editor, it is at least conceivable that other applications
running under Rosetta corrupt the cache, maybe even non TeX ones. You
see that I like my explanation so much I'm trying to stick with it!

Is anyone having font problems on Intel Leopard machines but can
guarantee that none of their standard apps use Rosetta?

By the way, it is no mystery that Acrobat works correctly, because
Acrobat doesn't use Apple's pdf display code.

Dick