[OS X TeX] ``/usr/texbin/pdflatex´´ does not exist

Charlse Darwin macports.users at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 03:18:11 CEST 2008

I'm trying to open a .tex file and TexShop gives me the following
error message:

/usr/texbin/pdflatex does not exist. Perhaps TeXLive was not
installed or was removed during a system upgrade. If so, go to the
TeXShop web site and follow the instructions to (re)install TeXLive.
Another possibility is that a tool path is incorrectly configured in
TeXShop preferences. This can happen if you are using the fink teTeX
distribution.

I do have pdflatex installed however:

$ which pdflatex
/opt/local/bin/pdflatex

I tried setting up the path in Preferences but had no luck. For `(pdf)
TeX´, I changed /usr/texbin to ``/usr/texbin:/opt/local/bin´´ and
once that's didn't work, for `Distiller´, I changed /usr/local/bin to
``/usr/local/bin:/opt/local/bin´´, again nothing.

Your thoughts please?