[OS X TeX] Shadows of pdf in Keynote

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at ensmp.fr
Fri Apr 4 22:02:53 CEST 2008

I have just had my first experience of teaching a course using
Keynote 4 ('08 version)

My personal taste, as a result of my own experience, is that a slide
should have little text, even fewer maths (2 lines max). So I am a
very happy user of LaTeXit with Keynote; I can choose the color of
the LaTeXit output with the color picker to match the color of the
usual text, and I can even use the same font using XeLaTeX+fontspec
in LaTeXit. I have not used LinkBack for the moment, I am happy with
the history of LaTeXit.

And, of course, drop shadows etc.. work nice. I have drag and drop
the LaTeXit PDF into "intelligent compositions", which are useful if
you you want to hilite several consequences of a result.  And I do
basic graphic editing with Intaglio. For instance, I can combine a
Matlab output with an equation from LatExIt into Intaglio, save the
intaglio fine for further reference, and paste into keynote. Or, if I
want to illustrate the iterates of a transform, I use an
"intelligent" composition to display them one after the other...

And, yes, (in another presentation) I even copied/pasted tabular data
(a benchmark) into a Keynote graphics, and, presto, Super glossy 3D
chart to convince that my algorithms is more accurate, uses less CPU
and makes coffee

Now, I'll grant you that I am not a TeXShop power user...

François
on "Tiger" 10.4.11