[OS X TeX] hyperref and apacite

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Sat Apr 5 02:48:30 CEST 2008

Hi Enrico,

I assume you have not had a chaace to read the very informative pdf Erik wrote
and that provides a good deal of information about how to handle url's.

I normally put electronic source data into the HowPublished field in the way
that Erik has recommended:

>From p24

"howpublished:

"A description of how something was “published”. For example, “Unpublished
or “Paper presented at the meeting of the American Professional Society on the
of Children”. Also used for more retrieval information about electronic
documents, e.g.“Retrieved November 19, 2000, from the PsycARTICLES database”,
or

howpublished = {Retrieved August 24, 2000, from Columbia University, Institute
for Learning Technologies Web site: \url{http://www.ilt.columbia.edu/
publications/papers/newwine1.html}\bibnodot{.}}

"However, if the retrieval information consists only of a date and/or a URL,
it is better to use the lastchecked and url fields for this and let
apacite format this information. See also the note field for an
alternative to the howpublished field."

I don't make url's clickable so I usually break them myself, but I guess if it
necessary to do so then I suggest you read pp41-42.

About the line:
\url{http://www.activemath.org/publications/Ullrich-CourseGenerationHTN-ABIS%
> -2005.pdf} \end{APACrefURL}

It looks like there is a line break that has been added in the bbl file. What
happens if you delete the % and line break?

Cheers
Alan