[OS X TeX] underlined variable, how to make it line break.

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Fri Apr 4 20:46:21 CEST 2008

I know this is off-topic for this list, but I've been stumped by what
seems a silly problem. I use
\newcommand{\thesistitle}{Computational Methods in Aeroelasticity and
a bunch of other stuff}
A long bunch of words then \underline{\thesistitle}

as part of a style file definition (sorry, I don't control that my
university still likes to underline).

Anyway, if \thesistitle is too long and needs to be broken at the end
of a line, it isn't! Is there a solution to this? I'm sure there is,
but I'm baffled.
Thanks,
Joe
(+1) 937-775-5085