[OS X TeX] Shadows of pdf in Keynote

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 16:48:02 CEST 2008

On Apr 4, 2008, at 7:45 AM, Peter Vamos wrote:

> OK I've just tried LaTeXiT and the shadows work  in Keynote v3  and
> v 4 as well. So the difference is in the way TS (changed?) the pdf
> export with the selection tool. LaTeXiT exports pdf as `PDF vector
> image' or `PDF with outlined fonts' both work i.e. transparent with
> only the characters casting a shadow. Not with TS.
>
> So how/why is TS different?

On my machine, if I highlight text in the pdf in TeXShop using the
Text tool and drag it to a slide, the shadows are applied to the
letters in Keynote. If I select an area using the selection tool in
TeXShop and drag it to a slide, the bounding rectangle casts a shadow.
Maybe just using the text tool instead of the selection rectangle is
the key? It seems to me that TeXShop's behavior is desirable here.

Chris