[OS X TeX] Shadows of pdf in Keynote

Peter Vamos P.Vamos at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Apr 4 14:45:58 CEST 2008

At 13:10 +0100 4/4/08, Peter Vamos wrote:

>On Apr 3, 2008, at 7:05 AM, Peter Vamos wrote:
>
>I write my presentations in TS and then  cut and paste into Keynote.
>Occasianally, I like to apply shadows to this pdf in Keynote so that
>
>*only the text (and math) characters cast a shadow*.
>This used to work but some time ago the behaviour changed: when I
>apply the shadow in Keynote now, the _whole_ pdf will cast a shadow
>as if it were not transparent, it now behaves as just one graphic.

OK I've just tried LaTeXiT and the shadows work  in Keynote v3  and v
4 as well. So the difference is in the way TS (changed?) the pdf
export with the selection tool. LaTeXiT exports pdf as `PDF vector
image' or `PDF with outlined fonts' both work i.e. transparent with
only the characters casting a shadow. Not with TS.

So how/why is TS different?

Peter