[OS X TeX] vertical space in enumeration

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Tue Apr 1 22:22:08 CEST 2008

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Chris Goedde wrote:

> On Apr 1, 2008, at 12:03 PM, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
>

>> How may I decrease the vertical space between the items in an enumeration
>> list environment, and before and after the list?
>>

> These are controlled by \topsep, \parsep, and \itemsep, so you can do
> something like:
>
> \setlength{\parsep}{0pt}
> \setlength{\topsep}{0pt}
> \setlength{\itemsep}{0pt}
>
> There's a nice figure in The LaTeX Companion that shows all this (Figure 3.5
> in my old edition).

Yes, I see it too, in the same old edition. But, irritatingly, the above
commands have no effect for some reason. Only the 1st of the following
commands makes the difference as of Figure 3.5:

\setlength{\partopsep}{0pt}
\setlength{\parskip}{0pt}
\setlength{\parsep}{0pt}
\setlength{\topsep}{0pt}
\setlength{\itemsep}{0pt}
\begin{document}
Were do you put them? I've added them just before the line
"\begin{document}"

Roussanka