[OS X TeX] (OT) Keynote/Beamer (was LaTeXiT & Keynote)

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 28 20:15:48 CEST 2007

Themis Matsoukas wrote:
[]
> On a side issue, as much as I like Keynote for the sleek looks, it
> generates enormous files. I recently gave two talks, one in Keynote, one
> in beamer. The Keynote file size was 5.2 MB, the beamer file only 0.7
> MB. Granted, these were two different subjects but still of similar
> quantity in math and graphics. I find it hard to justify the
> gargantuanism of Keynote.

You might want to keep this message, so that you can show it in a few
years: "Do you remember the good old times when a 5MB file was
considered enormous"? :-) 5MB correspond to about 3 seconds of
compressed video. My last Keynote talk was over 500MB, because it had
some movie clips in it.

--
Martin (who remembers the good old times when a complete TeX system
fitted onto 3 floppy disks of 720kB each and ran on an Atari ST with 1MB