[OS X TeX] Follow up on Two problems with Lucida Bright fonts on Mac Tex

Chris Goedde cgg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 15:57:47 CEST 2007

On Sep 24, 2007, at 6:22 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Sorry if I seem negative, I am just getting a bit fed up with TeX
> at the moment. Fed up with having to spend so much time learning to
> use it and making it work, which leaves so few time for actually
> using it like the mere tool it is supposed to be. People start
> turning to TeX in order to get some task done (usually scientific
> writing), and far too often end up with TeX becoming an activity in
> itself, no longer a tool to an aim.

I feel your pain, Bruno, having recently reinstalled Lucida support
myself. TeX's font setup is really primitive, and the (extremely
puzzling, from my point of view) decision by the TeXLive people to
omit the Lucida support files just adds to the pain for a lot of
people. Thanks for all your work writing instructions and helping the
rest of us get our fonts in shape.

--
Chris