[OS X TeX] book vs KOMA-Script VS memoir classes

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 23:58:44 CEST 2007

On Sep 24, 2007, at 5:34 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2007, at 2:56 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> This, as well as earlier comments, almost convince me to change
>> from "book" to "memoir". But how easy is the change in the case of
>> a work in progress?
>>
>> Hopeful regards
>> --schremmer
>
> Not hard at all. I don't believe there is anything in the standard
> book class that is incompatible with memoir. The other way is
> harder: if you are already using memoir with many of its special
> features, going back to the default book class may require a lot of
> clean up.

Ah!

The magnum opus is intended to be available under a GNU Free
Documentation License. I suppose that this is irrelevant but leaves
the issue that it then forces anyone wishing to modify it to learn
memoir on top of LaTeX.

Nothing is simple. I think I will wait until the magnum opus is
terminated—assuming it has not terminated me first.

Grateful regards
--schremmer