[OS X TeX] Re: Some thoughts about editors

Daniel Culver danielculver at mac.com
Mon Sep 24 23:54:24 CEST 2007

On Sep 24, 2007, at 2:01 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> and then press the Esc key to get
>
> \frac{|}{•}
>
> where | is the insertion point (cursor). Then I use Ctl-Cmd-F and
> jump to the • (called a Mark or Place Holder). I could add another
> • at the end but since that's a single } to jump over it's just as
> easy to use the ->, etc.

Herb,
I have the latest TexShop and in using the completion file the only
way I seem to get an insertion point is to use - #INS#. I tried the-
| symbol (is this the same as used to pipe an .app for a printer?)
and don't get an insertion point. I don't seem to have a key stroke
that is a place holder or mark symbol. I use the command completion
all the time thanks to your hints on this forum and I haven't used
Alpha X very much since. The one feature I really liked about Alpha X
is the menu that shows packages. I can see my entire folders of style
and class packages making it easier remembering which one I wanted. I
recently have gotten in the habit of leaving my latex folder in my
side bar and just haven't been using Alpha since.
My biggest desire for the completion file would be to have many
different completion files with the ability to select and tie one to
a specific document.