[OS X TeX] Re: Some thoughts about editors

François Chaplais chaplais at cas.ensmp.fr
Sun Sep 23 22:03:35 CEST 2007

Le 23 sept. 07 à 14:11, John Burt a écrit :

> Alphatk has folding also, and good TeX syntax coloring, and many
> other features.

I have been using Alpha since Apple dropped macroMaker (a feature of
system 6) and it is a great editor for LaTeX. Under Tiger, use uses
the system's Tcl library, so, even though Alpha has not been
recompiled for Intel processors, it is still very fast.
As for typesetting, just hit command-T in Alpha (after saving the
source), and TeXshop typesets the document (requires Tiger, I believe).
Alpha is available here
http://alphatcl.sourceforge.net/wiki/
(google will lead you to older versions of Alpha)