[OS X TeX] book vs KOMA-Script VS memoir classes

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sat Sep 22 15:22:23 CEST 2007

On 22.09.2007, at 14:48, David Oliver wrote:

> Can those with experience with these classes comment on and
> critique the relative merits of book, KOMA-Script, and memoir
> classes for book production in LaTeX.

Not sure what you're interested in, but I wrote my PhD which has been
published as a quite nice book with KOMA and have only praise for it.
It's very flexible, has excellent documentation, little to critize
here. AFAIK KOMA is primarily used in the German speaking world while
memoir is more US-centric, but frankly I don't to what this amounts
to in actual use.

simon

> Thanks,
>
> David Oliver

Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50
8002 Zürich

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I have never been certain that the moral of the Icarus myth is, as
is generally accepted, 'don't fly too high', or whether it might also
be thought of as: 'forget about the wax and feathers, and do a better
job on the wings." Stanley Kubrick