[OS X TeX] Accessing an external texmf directory?

stephenmoye at cox.net stephenmoye at cox.net
Thu Sep 20 14:39:00 CEST 2007

We would like to have our TeXShop users use a texmf directory located on a unix mainframe server, while at the same time using the TeX binaries on their work stations. What would be the best way to do that? One thought occurred to me was that we could mount the mainframe texmf directory on their Macs via NFS, and create a link to it in their ~/Library/ directory, essentially replacing their original ~/Library/texmf/ directory.

Would that work? If not, are there any suggestions about what might?

Thanks.

Stephen Moye