[OS X TeX] comicsans

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Sep 18 19:36:22 CEST 2007

Le 18 sept. 07 à 18:42, Andrew Miller a écrit :

> Indeed I do have the Comic Sans MS font suitcase as well
> (presumably installed by Office), but I am unaware of how to
> extract the .ttf files specified in the installation instructions.
>
> My purpose with this is to typeset a few equations with a font face
> matching some existing documents done in Word. I suppose I could
> contact the package author, but I was hoping that someone here had
> done it before on OS X.

IIRC Gary Gray has gone some steps in this direction, by providing a
method for using LaTeXiT to typeset equations with Comic Sans and
then include the equations in Keynote presentations whose
"BlackBoard" theme (I don't remember the exact name) is based on
Comic Sans.

Hpwever, again IIRC, Gary's method involved XeLaTeX, not standard LaTeX.

All this subject to Gary's confirmation: that was some time back (at
the time of Keynote 1) and I've not tried Gary's method at the time
and then I forgot about it; your question brought it back to mind.

Bruno Voisin