[OS X TeX] Re: Hide temporary files created by TeXShop

Markus S youcontrol at hispeed.ch
Tue Sep 18 15:11:53 CEST 2007

> Then stop complaining that your Finder windows are cluttered. A logical
> structure keeps things much clearer in my experience.

Yes, and the simplest structure I can think of is that files I don't
need to interact with are shoved off into subfolders.

Don't understand me wrong, I have set-up projects with subfolders (in
latex and other coding environments) and handling all the file path
related code can be real hassle, as well as having to constantly switch
folders or having several folder windows open all the time. Having all
latex files in one folder and having the aux files there as well is
still much better than dealing with subfolders. Being able to hide the
aux files would just be the iceing on the cake.

> I can advise you to maintain a single (set of) bib file(s) for all your
> documents. You can separate by subject, but it is unwise to separate on
> the document you are writing.

That is my ideal as well. However, having changed my notation for
chemical formulas several times, I have .bib files which have, eg,
CO$_2$ or \chem{CO_2} or \CO_2 or \ce{CO2} in them. Depending on which
package is used in the .tex file I have to choose the corresponding
.bib file.