[OS X TeX] Re: Hide temporary files created by TeXShop

Matthew Hills hills_tex at tina.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 18 02:02:09 CEST 2007

The key is that you don't really want to get *rid* of them (they are
there for a reason!)
You just want to hide them.   The approach I'd recommend is to
install the Developer tools
and then use the "SetFile" command to toggle the invisibility bit.
You'll need to quit and restart the finder for the changes to take
effect.  However, this should only need to be run when you first want
to hide the files (you don't
need to re-hide everything after every compile)

Below is a shell script that I've used for this.  (you can do this
from applescript or a TeXShop command, too)

Matt
---------------
#!/bin/csh
#
# cleanup_dir
#
# This function makes the apple HFS+ directory display clean
# (makes all aux, bbl, texshop files invisible)

osascript<<END
   try
     tell application "Finder" to quit
   end try
END

echo "Hiding the following files:"
foreach file ( *.aux *.bbl *.texshop *.log *.blg )
    echo "   " $file
    /Developer/Tools/SetFile -a V $file
end

sleep 1