[OS X TeX] Re: Hide temporary files created by TeXShop

Matthew Hills hills_tex at tina.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 18 02:12:42 CEST 2007

On a related note, I'd mention that I rarely switch to the finder to
open extra files now, and usually open
them directly from within TeXShop now.

My most common method is to use my "Open_Selection" script from
within TeXShop (I have it bound to a command key in the TeXShop
script editor).

E.g., if I have a master document with lines like:

\input{chapter01_intro}
\input{chapter02_passive}
\input{chapter03_process}

then I just hilight the "chapter01_intro" and run the script.  It
finds and opens the file "chapter01_intro.tex".
(it can also be used to open package and bibliography files as well)

The script is online at:
	http://tina.stanford.edu/~hills/Tidbits/Open_Selection.zip

Matt