[OS X TeX] Re: Hide temporary files created by TeXShop

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Mon Sep 17 23:55:40 CEST 2007

For me, I tend to keep the build files because the build process is
dramatically shortened if they already exist. The only time I delete
them is when there is an error that necessitates it.  Quite properly,
that is the only time you need to remove those files or when the job
is completed and the auxiliary files are no longer going to be kept
(archived). The other time they might cause problems is when the file
uses deprecated environments or commands.

But if you want to delete them every time, why not make an Automator
file that runs both processes? You can save the Automator document
and put it into the Dock. Run it by hitting Ctrl-F3 (to open the
Dock) and hitting Enter when it is selected (no mouse required).

Alternatively, you can build a make file and run it from Terminal.
Then run make clean to remove the auxiliary files.

Depends on how much work you want to do to set the thing up.

Cheers
Alan

--
Alan Litchfield GradDipBus, MBus(Hons), CTT, MNZCS
AlphaByte