[OS X TeX] EPS figures from PowerPoint in MacTex

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Sep 15 12:35:49 CEST 2007

Le 15 sept. 07 à 12:09, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> The GhostScript route
> =====================
>
> [...]
>
> The xpdf route
> ==============
>
> [...]
>
> A graphical user interface for these tools is available for the
> Mac. It uses Ruby/Tk which is part of OS X (possibly you need to
> install Xcode, I'm not sure). It's called epspdf:
>
> <http://tex.aanhet.net/epspdf/>
>
> At the time I was experimenting with it I had posted some comments
> and installation hints, see:
>
> <http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2007-April/030318.html>.

Actually, looking again at these pages I'm realizing that epspdf
(which I hadn't used for some time) is much more than a mere GUI for
xpdf: it's a complete EPS/PDF manipulation package, using GhostScript
for EPS-to-PDF conversion and xpdf for PDF-to-EPS conversion, and
using whatever back-and-forth conversions are necessary for every
specific task.

This it really seems the way to go. If it indeed works in your case,
then given you have a number of files to process you might be
interested by working from the command line, creating a script as
indicated in the above two URLs.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin