[OS X TeX] "I wish this worked a bit differently" list

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 22:11:09 CEST 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 4:00 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2007, at 2:05 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>

>> On Sep 12, 2007, at 2:27 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:
>>
>>> Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>> []
>>>
>>> Doesn't work if the window is flush with the bottom of the screen.
>>
>> Indeed, and that happens when I click on the green button.
>>
>> Regards
>> --schremmer
>
> Howdy,
>
> I just tried that and, indeed, it won't auto-scroll. I'd consider
> that a (minor) bug and report it at <http://sourceforge.net/
> tracker/?group_id=155796&atid=797238>.
>
> I still maintain that the most efficient way is NOT to scroll but
> to Click at the start of the selection and Shift-Click at the end
> of the selection.

I certainly agree and I do that whenever I have a really long piece
of text. I click at the beginning of the selection or I start
scrolling, then I go to the output, apple click where I want the
selection to end and shift click in the synchronized place in the
source. If all goes right, all goes right.

But for some reason, I do tend to start scrolling if the end is just
beyond the pale.

And, since I had reported that a long time ago and, if memory serve—
but it serves less and less these days—you told me that it worked, I
shrugged and got into the habit of enlarging the window by hand,
leaving a bit of room below.

And then I started using the green button!

Best regards
--schremmer