~/Library/texmf (was Re: [OS X TeX] Does not find my private texmf tree)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Sep 6 13:10:58 CEST 2007

Am 06.09.2007 um 11:17 schrieb Josep M. Font:

> I see my TeX does not find anything in my directory, neither inside
> nor outside my ~/Library

What is, on the command-line,

	env | grep TEX

returning? And what

	kpsewhich texmf.cnf

Can you also invoke this?

	find ~ -type d -name texmf

Try to copy and paste the commands and their output that you don't
make your Mac search for an irritating "textmf" directory as
mentioned in one of your earlier eMails. And it helps, to see
information that has not been interpreted by someone before, which
can introduce mistakes. Therefore Copy&Paste is also a splendid
option to compose an eMail. I mean, what can I believe? On what can I
base my thoughts and analysis?

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and one
that corrupts your file?" -- Dan Jacobson, on comp.os.linux.advocacy