[OS X TeX] Does not find my private texmf tree

Josep M. Font jmfont at inicia.es
Tue Sep 4 23:23:54 CEST 2007

El 04/09/2007, a las 20:30, Richard Koch escribió:

> Joseph,
>
> On Sep 4, 2007, at 11:20 AM, Josep M. Font wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have just realized that TeXShop does not find class and package
>> files stored in ~/Library/textmf/tex/latex/ and several
>> subdirectories. I am using TeXShop 2.14 and TeXLive2007
>> distribution. I think it is the first time I need to use a package
>> stored there since I installed this distribution (it used to work
>> fine with gwtex).
>>
>> I thought the personal tree was always searched before to the
>> standard ones, and this was independent of which distribution one
>> has.
>
> This is, of course, not a TeXShop issue.
>
> All of the MacTeX packages do what you expect.
>
> If you directly install TeX Live 2007 yourself from the install
> script on the TUG DVD, then
> the default location for a personal file is ~/texmf rather than ~/
> Library/texmf. Did you
> install that way?

Not from the DVD. I think (I can't remember well enough) I downloaded
the first TeX Live 2007 separately in january and installed it.
Anyway, moving the private texmf tree where you suggest solved the
issue. Thanks for the information, and for your great work!

If I download now the present MacTeX package and install it, will it
upgrade everything and repair the said behaviour ?

JMaF