[OS X TeX] MusixTeX

Daniel Culver danielculver at mac.com
Sun Sep 2 04:20:46 CEST 2007

On Aug 30, 2007, at 12:28 PM, Georgios Pyrgiotakis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently installed the MacTeX 2007 and the MusixTeX package is not
> installed (I think, at least). Any ideas on how to do it?
>
> Thanks in advance!!!

Georgios,
On a Mac you will need to unhide your finder (if you haven't done so)
and you can follow the usr directory to local, texlive, 2007, texmf-
dist, tex, latex, and finally musictex. The documentation is under
texmf-doc, reading this should get you a good start. If you are
typesetting a document and are returning an error no musictex.sty
then run 'sudo texhash' in your terminal to make sure that your
installation is seeing musictex. If the musictex folder is missing
you will have to go to CTAN to get it. It will be very easy to
install. Just follow this http://tug.ctan.org/ .
Good luck,
Dan

Daniel Culver