[OS X TeX] TeX on Leopard

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:24:29 CET 2007

On Oct 29, 2007, at 10:00 AM, Lantz Susan wrote:

> David Watson wrote:
>
>> Why do we seem compelled to upgrade, anyway?
>
> Then Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> I, for one, do not feel compelled in the least and I will probably
>> move to Leopard when 10.6 will be about to happen.
>
> I'm with Alain. I only upgraded to Panther a month ago.

I ugraded in late Spring i.e.  a month before Leopard … was due!

> And if a new program hadn't required it, I'd undoubtedly still be
> running 10.3.9.

My own reason is that, from experience, I don't like to be more than
one system behind. And, if the clean install was an occasion to clean
up, it was also exactly the time-wasting nightmare I was expecting—
but the problems were not with TeX for which I (re) installed
everything from scratch.

Regards
--schremmer