[OS X TeX] TeX on Leopard

Adam M. Goldstein agoldstein at iona.edu
Sat Oct 27 21:35:51 CEST 2007

On Oct 27, 2007, at 12:32 PM, Julia Case wrote:

> I did an upgrade for the install, which seems now to have been the
> wrong thing from all reports.

I just did the same thing (upgrade)---it took around 40 minutes, with
no hangups or hiccups. Everything TeX-related works just as it did on
Tiger, including Emacs.app together with auctex, Skim (Except for a
funny problem with the magnifying glass), BibDesk, and TeXing and
BibTeXing. Smultron also works well as does LaTeXit.

Why is upgrading the wrong thing to do?

I upgraded from 10.3 to 10.4 as well and it worked quite well then.
Everything was working well on 10.4, so I figured it would be ok just
to do the upgrade.

A large bunch of people that have had problems with the upgrade seem
to have been using the APE by unsanity in their system preferences.

In general, Leop. runs quite nicely (MBP core 2 duo). I like the new
interface. The folders remind me of recent Gnome designs. I have yet
to experiment with the other new utilities such as spaces, time
machine, etc.

-Adam

=================================
Adam M. Goldstein PhD