[OS X TeX] TeX on Leopard

Jean-Claude DE SOZA jeanclaudedesoza at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 26 20:04:31 CEST 2007

Le 26 oct. 07 à 19:17, Simon Spiegel a écrit :

> Any experiences with TeX et al. on Leopard? Do the common tools
> work, are there things to consider?
>
> This is not meant as a general Leopard thread (there are other
> places for this), but really only for TeX related things.
>
> simon

I have installed Leopard with "Archive and Install" and my folders
TeXShop and texmf in my Library were preserved; Image-Magick,
freetype, png, tiff and jpeg libraries were installed from sources
without any problem but you can install all this stuff with the MacTeX
package from Richard Koch.
I succeeded to compile Ghostscript 8.60 from sources but it was very
tricky; i-installer from Gerben Wierda is still working for that.
I often use the Tikz package and must have Gnuplot installed.
Compiling Gnuplot 4.2.2 from sources (./configure, make) doesn't work
as usual. I found the solution on this page http://maths.groups.vox.com/library/post/6a00b8ea067566dece00cd9711f5a84cd5.html

The MacTeX package installed, you don't need to change any path in
TeXShop Preferences.

Happy Texing!
Jean-Claude DE SOZA