[OS X TeX] Bib problem

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 25 20:43:28 CEST 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 01:27, Michael Kubovy wrote:

> ****************************
> After a compilation, my .blg file begins:
>
> This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.6)
> The top-level auxiliary file: 2007GD_0.aux
> A level-1 auxiliary file: 2007GD_01_Intro.aux
> A level-1 auxiliary file: 2007GD_02_Aims.aux
> Case mismatch error between cite keys KubovyVanDenBerg2008 and
> KubovyvandenBerg2008
> ---line 10 of file 2007GD_02_Aims.aux
> : \citation{KubovyVanDenBerg2008
> :                               }
>
> ****************************
>
> In the .tex file, I have:
> \nocite{KubovyVanDenBerg2008}
>
> ****************************
>
> In the .bib file I have:
> @ARTICLE{KubovyVanDenBerg2008,
>   author = {Kubovy, Michael and van den Berg, Martin},
>   title = {The whole is equal to the sum of its parts: {A}
> probabilistic model
> 	of grouping by proximity and similarity in regular patterns},
>   journal = {Psychological Review},
>   year = {2008},
>   volume = {1},
>   pages = {6},
> }
>
> ****************************
> Can anyone suggest what might be going on?

It may depend on the bibstyle you use. Some styles the key is used to
form some sort of reference in the document (apa may be amoung them).
Since the bibtex case-chaning mechnism is used here, all kinds of
confusion can ensue. Solution: try adding a key field with contents
"KubovyVanDenBerg2008". I can't be sure of this, since I don't have a
minimal example. Posting a complete yet minimal example that shows
the error will enable us to help you better (i.e. a minimal tex file
that shows the error when using the above piece of code. If such a
minimal example does not show the error where you thought it would,
you also have a better idea where to start looking.

Best,

Maarten
--
The future isn't what it used to be. (It never was.)