[OS X TeX] Correcting errors in BibDesk

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Oct 25 03:02:36 CEST 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 17:47, Michael Kubovy wrote:

> I have been convinced that using BibDesk is a good idea, but I have
> run into problem with its lint-picking.

What sort of messages do you see?  Many warnings can safely be
ignored, but syntax errors definitely have to be fixed.

> If I have an "Edit Source"  window and an "Errors" window open. I
> can get to the errors and fix them in the edit window. It's not
> clear to me how I periodically save the edited source.

You can't explicitly save from that window; it goes to great lengths
to keep you from overwriting your original file when hand-editing.

> "Save" in the menu is grayed out, the "Refresh" seems to reload the
> unedited file. It's not clear to me what the "Reopen" button does.

Reopen will open the file as you edit it, first creating a temporary
file.  The Refresh button will reload the file from disk, in case you
edited it by other means. Both buttons should have tooltips that state
this if you hover the mouse over the button (we use tooltips fairly
extensively).

--
Adam