[OS X TeX] Reference managers

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Wed Oct 24 22:50:58 CEST 2007

On 24.10.2007, at 22:34, Jan Erik Moström wrote:

> Gary L. Gray <gray at engr.psu.edu> 07-10-24 16:08
>
>> I couldn't agree more. I expect that you will love using BibDesk.
>
> :-) I'm using it, but I'm not in love (nor do I hate it), I just
> want to see if there are alternatives that I've missed ... right
> now I don't know *if* there is a choice if I want a "real" Mac
> application.
>
> As you probably know there are other apps like Bookends, Sente,
> EndNote (trust me, this is at the very bottom of my list), etc, but
> I'm mostly interested in those who use bibtex files as their data
> storage (to make it easier to share with other I work with).

Ok, trust me here. I know the available solutions very well. If you
mainly use bibtex, there's really no reason to use any of the other
apps. They only come into play of you need Word and/or Mellel. For
pure bibtex use, BibDesk is really the best. And once it supports
Mellel (hint, hint), there's even less reason to use the others.

simon

>                             jem
> --
> Jan Erik Moström, www.mostrom.pp.se

Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50
8002 Zürich

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I'm not that easy to impress. – O, a blue car." Homer Simpson