[OS X TeX] pstricks help

Johann Spies johann.spies at alterit.co.za
Sun Oct 21 17:40:47 CEST 2007

On 21 Oct 2007, at 5:36 PM, Doris Wagner wrote:

> 1) you forgot to load the package pst-tree

OK Thanks.

> 2) if you want to use \pstree..., you have to use also plain TeX,
> if you want to use LaTeX, then you have to use the environment
> \begin{psTree}...\end{psTree}

But:

(/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/supp-pdf.tex
)

! LaTeX Error: Environment psTree undefined.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.6 \begin{psTree}

? Enter file name:

And when I try \begin{pstree} ...

)

! LaTeX Error: Environment pstree undefined.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.6 \begin{pstree}

> so, your problem(s) are nothing mac-specific

Strange. In a Linux environment I could compile all the example
packages that came with pstree.  So far I had zero success on Mac.

Regards
Johann
--
J.H. Spies - Tel. 021-982 2694 / 082 782 0336 / 021-808 4036(w)
              Posbus 4668, Tygervallei 7536

      "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of
       the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor
       sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight
       is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he
       meditate day and night."         Psalms 1:1,2