[OS X TeX] Vanilla LaTeX to XeLaTeX?

S P Suresh spsuresh at cmi.ac.in
Thu Oct 18 21:45:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 19 October, at 1:03 , Alain Schremmer wrote:

> 2) How compatible with the GNU Free Documentation License would be
> the use of OS X fonts (presumably proprietary) via XeLaTeX? (Of
> course, I should really ask the GNU people.)

Sorry, this is not an answer but a question. How compatible will the
Computer Modern (or mathpazo, or mathtime) math fonts be with the OS
X fonts that you will be using for text? I don't know what the effort
involved is, and I also guess that people are working on it, but when
XeLateX finally provides full math support, that will be the day!

Cheers,
Suresh