[OS X TeX] subversion

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Oct 15 07:31:27 CEST 2007

On Oct 14, 2007, at 6:34 PM, Nathan Dunfield wrote:

> Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
> For better or worse, OS X defaults to a ton of world-writeable
> directories and files.  Perhaps my machine is misconfigured, but on
> it both "/" and "/Applications" are world-writable directories,

FWIW, I think that '/' and '/Applications' should not be world-
writable (on my system, they are drwxrwxr-t and drwxrwxr-x,

It is likely some over-exuberant installer that causes the change.

You can run Disk Utility to see what the permissions should be.

Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large
If it weren't for carbon-14, I wouldn't date at all.