[OS X TeX] subversion

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 14 21:29:54 CEST 2007

Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
[]
>> make this transparent to the end user), and make sure that the
>> repository is set up so both users have write permission to it (e.g.
>> make it world-writeable).
>
> Do NOT make it world writeable!  Security needs to be taken seriously,
> especially if you're giving others access to your system.

What I found easy to set up is to create a special user for the project.
All participants log in via svn+ssh as that user, but using different
keys. They are only allowed to run svnserve, no shell, and according to
the used key they show up as different users in the svn logs. This can
be configured in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys of the special user, and it is
also well explained in the subversion online documentation.

The most difficult part was to change 3 lines in /etc/postfix/main.cf
and to adapt the template for the hooks/post-commit script so that
automatic commit messages get mailed to the participants.

--
Martin