[OS X TeX] Collaboration tools

Adam M. Goldstein agoldstein at iona.edu
Sat Oct 13 20:06:41 CEST 2007

On Oct 13, 2007, at 12:50 PM, Michael Kubovy wrote:

> Dear Messers,
>
> I am working on a paper with a colleague on the West Coast. He's on
> a WinTel machine. We would like to set up something like Subversion
> to check out and modify our documents.
>
> Where can I find detailed, explicit, assume-no-technical-knowledge,
> step-by-step instructions? I could host it on my MacPro. The
> software does not have to be free, just reliable, stable, and not
> require a guru to configure. (That said, I'm not afraid to use
> command-line on Terminal.)

svn is pretty well-supported with documentation and there are mac
binaries, and some GUI user tools.

Main svn page: http://subversion.tigris.org/

svn book with excellent workflow descriptions and step-by-step setup

Binaries: http://homepage.mac.com/martinott/

svnX, GUI for mac users (setup of repositories must still be done
from terminal): http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/
development_tools/svnx.html

Tortoise svn (Windows user interface): http://tortoisesvn.net/

-Adam