[OS X TeX] Re: additional help files

Adam M. Goldstein agoldstein at iona.edu
Fri Oct 12 00:55:08 CEST 2007

On Oct 11, 2007, at 5:33 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 10 oct. 07 à 02:16, David Oliver a écrit :
>
>> I wonder if I might ask your advice about keeping additional
>> manuals for class and style files handy while in TeXShop. I'm
>> using memoir for the first time and, new to it, need to consult
>> the manual more than I might otherwise. I thought it would be nice
>> to be able to call it up when needed from TeXShop Help, but it is
>> unclear to me how to include it in the Help menu.
>
> Hi David,
>
> Sorry for the late answer. Unfortunately I've no idea about whether/
> how what you're looking for can be done. If this can indeed be
> done, then I think you might get luckier by contacting directly
> Dick Koch or asking the OS X TeX list.

<snip>

The memoir help file memman.pdf from 2004 (this is the edition that I
have) is a pdf file, so I don't think it can be accessed via the help
menu. Why not just stick it in the dock and open it that way when you
need it? Or else leave it open and switch to it when you want to
check something in it?

Maybe it could be obtained as source and then recompiled in some form
that can be accessed by the help menu, but probably not, and anyhow,
it would be lots of work.

-Adam

=================================
Adam M. Goldstein PhD