[OS X TeX] Web hosting etc

Bernhard Barkow bb at creativeeyes.at
Wed Oct 10 19:14:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 2007-10-10, at 11:51, Geoff Searby wrote:
> I my opinion, for his usage, Alain Schremmer should *not* try to
> retain resource forks and hidden files for three reasons
>
> 1) They are totally useless to non-Mac users
> 2) They become visible to non-mac users and can create confusion,
> or even panic
> 3) He can be sure that users on all plate-forms will get the same
> results

I totally agree; there are rare exceptions regarding resource forks,
but for most files they are really useless.

> To upload zillions of files at once, the best way is to make a zip
> archive, and upload that.
> I can recommend CleanArchiver : http://www.sopht.jp/cleanarchiver/
>
> It is simple a drag&drop application that can
> create .zip, .gzip .bzip or .dmg archives from a folder including
> or excluding whatever hidden stuff that suits you. Launch it only
> to set/change the preferences.

Thank you for this hint, this looks like a nice application. I used
to accomplish this using the command line and corresponding
parameters to the zip command; if it would be possible to integrate
this into the Finder's contextual menu (like Create Archiv of"…"),
this would be even more practicable…

BB