[OS X TeX] Different LaTeX interaction modes

Paul Mantz pcmantz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 17:35:50 CEST 2007

Hello everyone,

I'm doing some web-graphic rendering using LaTeX and a lot of the
scripts I've seen that I've been tweaking and such have different
interaction modes.  I've tried googling them, but haven't come up with
any documentation detailing what the exact consequences of each one
are, aside from what I can assume from their name and my own
experience.  I also have tinkered around in the original texmf.cnf,
and I am under the impression that the texmf*/ directories searched
before executing change depending on the mode.

Can anyone point me in a good direction to look into this?  Also, what
is ricoh mode?  For someone with a default texmf.cnf, I'm talking
about line 277.  This is also the area that leads me to suspect that
different modes will warrant different include paths.  If anyone knows
where I could find some documentation on the various modes, that
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul